Privacy Collection Notice
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
This collection notice outlines how Cannington Veterinary Hospital and its related entities (referred to in this document as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) collects and handles your personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
We will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with us. We explain below when and how we may collect, use and disclose this information.
It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date. Failing to alert us to changes in the information you have provided may mean that we are unable to provide you with the services or products you require or may mean that we are unable to provide you with the quality of service on which we pride ourselves.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may use and disclose the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you;
- to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services;
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail and telephone;
- to allow other veterinary care professionals (for example, veterinary pathologists) to provide veterinary care to your pet or animal (where this is consistent with our veterinary surgeons’ legal and professional obligations);
- to administer billing (including administration of insurance and other third-party payment arrangements) and debt recovery;
- for managing, monitoring, planning and evaluating our services;
- for safety and quality assurance and improvement activities;
- for training of staff and veterinary care workers;
- for testing and maintenance of information technology systems;
- for product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- to seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and perform research and statistical analysis using such feedback;
- for risk management and management of legal liabilities and claims (for example, liaising with our insurers and legal representatives);
- to obtain advice from consultants and professional advisers;
- to respond to subpoenas or other legal orders and obligations;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities (including with respect to quarantine, public health and notifiable diseases);
- appropriate authorities in instances of suspected animal abuse, cruelty or mistreatment;
- to our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations so that those organisations may provide you with information about services and various promotions.
Your personal information will not be shared, sold or disclosed other than as described in this collection notice.
ABSENCE OF RELEVANT INFORMATION
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, we may be unable to provide you with a product or service.
INFORMATION REQUIRED BY LAW
Providing your information to others We may provide your information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external service providers for the proper care or continuity of care of your pet or animal, the operation of the website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation, other veterinary care professionals, after hours veterinary practitioners or care professionals, contractors working in the area of veterinary services, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, newsagents, couriers, payment processors, photographic analysers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- our sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, are involved in a suspected incident of animal cruelty or mistreatment or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary; and
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
If you do not want us to tell you about products or services, you may contact us via the following details:
Phone: (08) 9356 5696
While we are unlikely to do so, we may disclose information to recipients (including service providers and our related entities) which are (1) located outside Australia and/or (2) not established in or do not carry-on business in Australia.
- the circumstances in which we may collect personal information from other sources (including from a third party);
- how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
- how you can raise concerns that we have breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we will deal with those matters.
COLLECTING SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We will not collect sensitive information about you, such as information about your health, without your consent.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE
If you give us personal information about someone else, please show them a copy of this notice so that they may understand the manner in which their personal information may be used or disclosed by us in connection with your dealings with us.